Wednesday, April 2, 2014

John 13:15

For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

This morning Lord I lift my hands in praise and give thanks to You my God and King! You are great and greatly to be praised! You Lord Jesus being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal to God, but made Yourself of no reputation. You took the form of a bondservant, and came in the likeness of men. You are the One who voluntarily serves others. Selah. I'm am awestruck over the fact You humbled Yourself, became obedient to the point of death, even death on the cross. You have taught, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. In this world that says we need to be the best, top and can boast of achievements, but in truth the ones You always bring to my attention are the simple servants who never even realize the great ways they have touch others. As I think on the young boy who found a twenty dollar bill and gave it away to change a mans life. A soldier who gave his metal of honor for bravery to a young boy with Muscular Dystrophy, the 200 people that show up at a lonely autistic child's birthday party, or the young teen who freely forgave those who bulled her. I see Your face! Father, I pray that Your Spirit would move deep within me to be Your hands and feet to touch lives quietly with sincere humility, with no agenda or motive other than to bring glory and honor to the holy name of Jesus. May You be lifted high today, in our words, actions and deeds. I pray we will do all things without complaining and disputing, so we can become blameless and harmless children of our God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation. May we hold fast to the word of life so we may rejoice in the day of Your return. Knowing and believing the day is near when every knee shall bow and tongue confess Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of our Father in heaven. So may our labors Lord not be in vain but to do Your will and good pleasure. In Your powerful name, the name above all names Jesus, Amen.

John 13:1-20 and Philippians 2:5-17



No comments:

Post a Comment