Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ecclesiastes 7:9

Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, for anger rest in the bosom of fools.

Father, I pray to be swift to hear, slow to speak and even slower to wrath, because I know this will produce Your righteousness. I admire the wise who can restrain their lips, for their tongues are like choice silver, and when they do speak they feed many. How often I've observed in others who are quick tempered and led to act foolishly. As I examine my own thoughts and actions today, meditating on the emotion of anger and how it plays out in my life I realize it is often turned in on myself. Is this Father to keep from harming others? I've always clung to Your promise "Vengeance is Mine, and recompense; their foot shall slip in due time; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things to come hasten upon them." Yet, I seem to have some repressed anger towards those who are not empathetic towards my chronic illness, those who do not extend patience or neglect my needs. Is this the frustration that causes me to stuff my feeling? I pray Lord Jesus You would help me, guide me and reveal this hidden deception in my thoughts that could possible be hindering complete healing. Father forgive me for I do not desire for anger to be resting in my bosom. I repent Lord Jesus, please wash me clean, Please remove any bitterness all the way down to the root, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit that will cause something sweet to grow that will one day free and nourish another's angry soul. Jesus be lifted high as I praise You for loving me so much to correct my wrongs. Jesus thank You for Your long suffering for me as You mold and shape me into Your desired image. I love You Lord. With a grateful heart Amen.

James 1:19, Proverbs 10:19-21, 14:17 and Deuteronomy 32:35

No comments:

Post a Comment