Friday, March 11, 2016

Proverbs 28:7

Whoever keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons shames his father.

Heavenly Father,
I pray You would satisfy me in the morning, so I may rejoice and be glad all the day! Your love Lord quiets my soul. For in anxiousness we can become gluttonous. Feasting on things of this world, like a people whose belly has no bottom instead of delighting and filling ourselves with You. Help me to understand that the dangers of indulging in sin includes the sin of indulgence. For many Lord have small waist lines but You measure the intent of the heart. One may be physically fit but have a flabby soul, which is evident when the lack of self control leads to gossip, strife, lust, covetousness and anger. Empower us Lord to control our appetites rather than them controlling us. Our craving for the excess of anything, never gratifies but just leaves us empty and void of really living. Father I pray to discern my thoughts and actions, for it is not good nature, nor good nurture that can prove one is wise but by living in obedience to You our God. You have instructed us, bad company corrupts good morals so we should not be deceived. Reveal to us those around us who appear to be upright but are filled with darkness, may we have not fellowship with the workers of iniquities. Father, I pray to only bring You glory and honor. Thank You for sending Your beautiful Son Jesus to cloth me in righteousness. May my robe not be stained by insatiable desire of things of this world. Jesus, lead me and guide me through this day and may my ear be attentive to Your instruction. May I bless Your holy name, Amen.

Psalm 90:14, 1 Corinthians 15:33 and Ephesians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment