Tuesday, April 5, 2016

1 Peter 1:14

...as obedient children not conforming yourselves to former lusts as in your ignorance.

Dear Holy Father,
When I hadn't tasted of Your goodness. When I hadn't seen Your loving kindness. When I had no revelation of one day sitting at Your banquet table eating of heavenly food, I was consumed with gorging myself on things of this world. But now I know the Bread of Life, the one who sustains me to walk in obedience by the power of Your Spirit living in me. I no longer conform myself to former lusts. For greater Lord Jesus are You in me than he who is in the world. Father, Your gift of salvation through Your beautiful and precious Son Jesus Christ causes us to cut a new pattern of living no longer shaped by our past. Your Word Father, a set of instructions to be followed in the making of a new life, a life in Christ. Bless You Lord for the courage to continue on, even when we stumble or fall Your mercy reaches down and lifts us up. Your grace at times so undeserving, yet You freely give. So, Lord we too should extend what was freely given to us to others, and also to ourselves. Because therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in You. Your love Lord is so amazing, I pray many, many more will come to know You, turning from their ways and cling to You being transformed into someone far greater than they could imagine. In Your Holy name Jesus I give thanks and pray, Amen.

Mark 14:25, Isaiah 25:6, 1 John 4:4 and Romans 8:1

No comments:

Post a Comment