Monday, April 25, 2016

John 10:1

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."

Dear Holy Father,
A thief steals in secret and a robber plunders openly with violence. How often have I been a thief stealing away from my health. How often Father I have plundered my body with things that rob my vitality. Far to often Father, eating foods that cause me to crave more food, or depriving myself of much needed sleep to finish just one more task. I've run off with good intentions to meet the needs of others all the while denying myself time needed to exercise my physical form. Yes, Lord I have tried to climb over the wall another way to wellness. Taking for myself the glory all the while pilfering what is rightly Yours. Jesus You are the good Shepherd that lead us by still waters. You Jesus make us to lie down in green pastures and restore our souls. You Jesus are the way, the truth and the life that restores our health. Jesus call to Your children that have gone astray running after the things like overeating, drinking, smoking or the use of drugs that lead to death. Your sheep Lord know Your voice and You know ours. Far to many Lord are listening to the hirelings, but the hireling does not truly care for the sheep. Hireling have schemes and quick fixes that only benefit themselves and leave those who have followed destitute. Open our eyes to see the deception in their wicked plans, and their enticement. The words that lure with easy solutions or guaranteed results, all lies to line their pockets stealing from those they are suppose to help. Father just as Samson cried out saying "O Lord God remember me I pray, strengthen me just once more", so to I pray for strength and the strength of my brothers and sister to overcome the obstacles that keep us from entering through the gate into Your rest. I pray we strive and struggle no more. Jesus there is freedom in Your embrace and You came so we may have life and have it more abundantly. Thank You Jesus for laying down Your life in exchange for mine. You go before me and I shall follow You because I have heard Your loving voice calling to me. I pray Lord many more will seek You and find You at the gate that leads them out of darkness into Your marvelous light. May all glory and honor be Yours forever and ever. Amen.

John 10:1-16, Psalm 23, John 14:6 and Judges 13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment