Thursday, April 7, 2016

James 4:1

Where do wars and fights come from among you? 
Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?

Heavenly Father as You watch over Your children below, how it must grieve You to observe the conflict within us. The war that is between our sinful desires for pleasure and the desire for Your will. I surrender my cravings to You Lord and ask for Your Holy Spirit to be stirred up within me to empower me to have victory over things that entice and ensnare me. I do not desire the things of this world that are full of lies and deceptions keeping me from the wonders You so lovingly have for me. May I be still and know that You are God. You need no help from me because You are all powerful, Almighty, the great I Am. Jesus I read something that said, there is a perfect passivity which is not indolence. It is a living stillness born of trust. Jesus I trust You with every area of my life, for it is not mine, but Yours the One who gave it to me. Bring to my remembrance when I'm feeling worried, quiet tension is not trust, it is simply compressed anxiety. Anxiety is fear and fear is the prideful worry of self. May Your perfect peace fall sweetly upon Your children granting us rest in Your loving arms, being anxious for nothing but with prayer, supplication and much thanksgiving make their request known to You. And may You who will hear from heaven grant us peace, The peace that surpasses all understanding that will guard our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Amen.

Psalms 46:10, Revelations 1:8, Exodus 3:14 and Philippians 4:6-7,

No comments:

Post a Comment