Thursday, October 12, 2023

Matthew 2:18

 "A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."

Heavenly Father, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, with tears I come before You. So much sorrow, the pain of searing loss is great. Although it is in a land far away my soul hears the heart wrenching cries of the mothers who children have been slaughtered and I know Lord, You hear them too. Father my heart is overwhelmed with sadness at these brutal attacks on innocent lives. The depravity of those who do not see the value of lives created in Your image is chilling to the bone. Father pour out Your Holy Spirit to comfort those who are grieving. Shield Your sons and daughters from senseless violence. Empower us Lord to be Your hands and feet, to love as Jesus loved, to comfort and assist those in this great hour of need. There is so much in my heart to petition You for on their behalf but Father its overwhelming, I have no words, so please collect my tears as liquid prayers. Please Father may this be an opportunity for unity in Your body to bring hope and healing to this lost and dying world. May You use us for such a time as this, each in the gift You have bestowed upon us to bring glory to Your Son Jesus in His name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment