Friday, October 20, 2023

Proverbs 20:9

 Who can say, "I have made my heart clean; I am pure from my sin?"

Heavenly Father what a powerful question and one that we all need to answer. What a blessing to come to know we are poor, wretched and needy unable in any way, by any means or effort cleanse ourselves from sin. There is no number of prayers to idols, rosaries, sacrifices like fasting, good deeds that can wash away our sins. Only the precious shed blood of Jesus atones for our transgressions. So, Father I pray your mercy and grace to be poured out as You open the blind eyes and unclogs the deaf hears to know the truth of Your Son Jesus. Simeon said to them when they brought the infant Jesus to the temple, ...a sword will pierce your own soul too Mary. Father pierce the heart of the lost. I pray many souls be born again this Autumn season though the labors are few the fields are ready, send out the harvesters. May there be much rejoicing in heaven as sinners come home. Father, please bring the prodigal's home so parents, sibling, grandparent, aunts, uncles and cousins grieve no more over the way wards they love so much. May the desire for "as for me and my house we shall serve the Lord" be fulfilled. May You blanket us in Your peace as we put our hope and trust in Christ alone. In His name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment