Sunday, December 15, 2013

2 Corinthians 12:10

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Dear Heavenly Father, 
My hope Lord is to bless You at all times. May praises continually be in my mouth. Oh that my soul shall make boast of You my Lord. I pray that the humble should hear of it and be glad. Lord thank You for the many times You have been merciful and gracious to me and for the time I hadn't notice. I believe You will strengthen me on my bed of illness, and sustain me on my sickbed. Lord Jesus I believe You have overcome all things, You are the great I AM. I wait for Your glorious return, but until then I will give thanks in this chronic illness. For You have revealed Yourself in so many amazing ways. Your grace is more than sufficient for me. I pray that Your strength is made perfect in my weakness. How blessed I am to have loving friends and family to pray precious prayers to You on my behalf. How blessed I am that You meet all my physical, emotion and mental needs. With awestruck wonder I marvel at Your greatness. Jesus You are teaching me so many things through this infirmity, I couldn't have chosen a better way to have my faith, hope and trust in You deepen. Yes, like Paul had said, I take pleasure in this, and I know full well it must sound strange to others, but You are so near to me. There is nothing more I desire than to have more of You and less of me. Lord I will gladly boast in my sickness because I know You are resting upon me. I thank You Lord Jesus for Your loving kindness, it surprises every day. Some would say it is a thorn in my flesh, but the thorniest of roses bring the most beautiful of blooms. Thank You Lord for comforting me when weak and dancing with me when the symptoms subside. I love You Jesus with all my heart, soul, mind and strength even if it is movement ever so slow. Amen.
  
Psalm 34:1&2, Psalm 41:3, 2 Corinthians 12:7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment