Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hosea 2:19

"I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me. In righteousness and justice, in loving kindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know the Lord."

Dear Heavenly Father,
When I read this loving passage, this song runs through my heart. Going to the chapel, going to get married... You have said to no longer call You master, but that I shall call You my Husband. Through Your loving sacrifice on the cross, and the repenting of my sin You have betroth me forever. Oh, the image of my blessed Savior taking the hand of this sinner to be Your beloved bride. You have blessed me through the years giving me grain, wine and oil. You multiplied my silver and gold which I offered up to false gods and sacrificed them to idols of materialism, gods of athletics, and the spirit of gluttony. Bless You Lord for Your loving kindness that allured me and comforted me in the wilderness of my emptiness. You have used my valley of trouble as a door for me to pass through. Returning to singing as in the days of my youth. You have taken me from the land of bondage, removed from my mouth the names of wicked masters. Bless You Lord Jesus for the gift. Lord during this Christmas season I've been thinking on the wise men as they followed the star, to where it rested over Your amazing and miraculous birth and I desire to do as they did. As I gaze upon Your truth may I not return to that from which I came. Praising and rejoicing for Emmanuel is with me. I love You Lord Jesus. In You holy name I pray, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment