Monday, December 16, 2013

Luke 6:31

And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

Dear Heavenly Father,
In the third book of Moses, Leviticus says; We should not hate our brother in our hearts. We shall surely rebuke our neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. We should not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of our people, but we should love our neighbors as ourselves, for You are the Lord. Father at this very special time of year, when we recall the gift of Your Only Son, instead of joy and peace in the hearts of those around me, I sense tension and discouragement. Anxieties, expectations and exhaustion abound. If only we would stop for a moment and recall Jesus' simple words that are truth, how much better we would be. What a beautiful Christmas gift to take off the pressure to preform, provide and participate in an endless amount of so-called celebration. I have to wonder Lord where we left You in all of this. Are You creatively wrapped and under the tree. Have we strung You along the length, width and depth of the exterior of our homes. Or perhaps You are crammed in a shopping bag with many other things we treasure. Forgive us Lord, we have strayed from You. We have turned to idols and forgotten You. Father as I ponder these words from Luke, I desire for my heart be open and love as I want to be loved. Father, I pray that I would remember to give, care and serve as Your precious and wonderful Son Jesus did. May I speak kind words to the exhausted cashier at the shopping mall. Give a small bag of cookies to the man ringing the bell outside the market. A cup of hot cocoa to the frozen gas station attendant to warm his body and soul. May my hands be willing to help an elder man to his car, my lips smile and laugh with a woman in a wheelchair over silliness. Send an unexpected note of love to a dear friend. Give a tender embrace to a grieving grandmother whose heart is broken over the loss of her only grandchild. Leaving the cares and demands of the world behind to focus fully on You, the reason for the season.  May it last the whole year through. Jesus may my little light shine for You, the love of my life.  In Your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment