Tuesday, August 6, 2024

John 16:33

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulations; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Heavenly Father I come to you in Jesus' name with thanksgiving for the peace He has given. With understanding that tribulations are literally "pressure" and figuratively meaning "affliction or distress" of which many in Your body are enduring. I pray they and myself included would be of good cheer as we fully recognize and acknowledge Your Son has overcome the world for us and has blessed us with the gift of the Holy Spirit to comfort us. I thank You that in You we can be confident and courageous because we place our trust in You. So may our conduct be worthy of the Gospel as we stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together and in no way be terrified of our adversaries. I thank You for our salvation. For unto us a Child was born, Your Son was given, the government is upon His shoulders. Jesus You are our Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, we shall fear not nor be afraid for You are with us wherever we go. I thank You that we have been justified by faith and have peace with You and that we stand and rejoice in the hope of Your glory. I thank You that nothing can separate us from Your love. Not tribulations, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril or sword. I thank You that we are more than conquerors through You who loves us so much You laid down Your life to call us friend. I am totally persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities not powers, not things present nor things to come, nor height not depth, not any created thing, shall be able to separate us from Your love. I pray today we go forth rejoicing in this day You have made and graciously given. May You receive all the glory and honor forever more. Amen.

Philippians 1:27-29, Isaiah 9:6, Joshua 1:9, Romans 5:1, Romans 8:31-39 and John 15:9-17

No comments:

Post a Comment