Thursday, July 25, 2024

Ruth 1:14

Then they lifted up their voices and wept again; and Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth clung to her. 

Heavenly Father as I ponder the word in Proverbs "A Friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." I ask myself do I laud faithfulness to You and to others? There is a fickleness that runs through our society that deeply contrast those who are true friends. Ones who are constant are to be cherished. And how much greater to have a brother or sister who helps in times of stress. I desire to be just that but know in many ways and far too often fall short. I am reminded through my short comings there is One who sticks closer than a brother, my Lord and Savior and who is Your precious Son Jesus. So is it simply to have a friend one must themselves be friendly? I think not, for Christ example is to die to ourselves, for there is no greater love that one could give than to lay down their life for their friends. I praise and thank You Jesus for doing just that. As we go forth serving others, watching and learning from Your example You call us companions. It is so humbling a thought that the King of the universe would speak such kindness to our wretched souls. Oh, that we should desire to be as Ruth and cling to You always and forever. I pray we go forth this day loving one another and in doing we bring honor and glory to You, Amen.

Proverbs 17:17, Proverbs 18:24 and John 15:9-17

No comments:

Post a Comment