Saturday, December 9, 2023

Luke 9:25

For what profit is it to man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?

Heavenly Father, hear my joyful noise, my heart of thanksgiving that blesses Your name. I serve You Lord with gladness! Coming into Your presence with singing! You know Lord the desire of my heart is for me and my house to be fully devoted to You. My eternal destiny is so much more valuable than the gaining of this world. By the power of Your Holy Spirit and sustaining grace may I stand up to the schemes and lures of the adversary. Father, I pray to stay aware and conscious of my thoughts and actions as I never want to hear Your say "Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?" Help me Lord to be intentional in the work I do to bring honor and glory to You, the King of the universe. Your reminder to us to take care and be on guard against covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of possessions. How easy it is to get swept in the excitement of the holiday season, the drive for promotion, the competition of bigger, better best can overwhelm us. But You have said to take up our cross and follow You on the narrow road. To store up our treasure in heaven where there is neither moth nor rust but there is reward that is for eternity. Father, I pray that we remember the orphans and widows, to love mercy, do justly and walk humbly with You, our God. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

Psalm 100, Luke 12:13-21 and Matthew 6:19-21 


No comments:

Post a Comment