Saturday, August 8, 2015

James 3:14

But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.

Dear Heavenly Father,
The question asked "Who is wise and understanding among you?" With the response of "Let him show by good conduct in the meekness of wisdom." Hmm, I'm sure I have fallen way short over the year. I pray by the power of Your Holy Spirit living in me would to cause me turn from self-seeking and bitter envy. For this is not from above but earthly, sensual and demonic. Father, I desire for myself and for my brother and sisters to be filled with Your wisdom that is pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits without partiality and hypocrisy. Father, may the blessing of righteousness be fruitful in sowing peace. Holy Spirit quicken in us, revealing the hidden spots in our hearts where jealousy, selfishness and  thoughtlessness resides, so we may turn from it and seek the way that is right. And asking to be cleanse by the blood of Jesus. May joy bubble up and overflowing in us, to cause transformations in those around us. May harmony abound, as we serve the One true King and the Savior of the world Your precious and mighty Son, Jesus Christ. Thank You, Father for leaning Your ear to hear my prayer, Amen.

James 3:13-4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment