Thursday, August 13, 2015

Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Dear Lord,
How beautiful the determination Ruth showed towards Naomi. Stating wherever Noami would go she would go, and wherever Noami would lodge, she would lodge, Noami's people would be her people and Naomi's God would be her God. She was willing to die with Naomi. Oh, Lord how You blessed Ruth for her faithfulness. What a amazing example of friendship. Forgive me Lord for the times I have let friends down, or gotten angry when they had let me down. Transform my heart into one that is loyal, dependable and constant towards those You have bless me with. I have many faithful friends that have carried me during difficult time, whether it was the gift of hedging me in prayer, cooking a meal, rescuing me from various situations. Father, bless each one more than they could ever imagine. You know them and their needs, thank You for answering their personal prayers quickly. Many a sister have been born from adversity, and oh, Lord how I'm so very grateful! Ah, but there is one that is closer than a brother, You Beloved Jesus. There is none like You, never leaving, nor forsaking me. My sweet constant companion, I love You. May I follow Your example and heed Your words "A man who has friends must himself be friendly." So may I never drift from You. Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. How true Lord, of your children who co-labor together doing the work of spreading the gospel. Father, I lift up to You all those who long for friendships that are true, may they first be satisfied in a loving relationship with Your beautiful Son, Jesus, and then with sister and brothers who walk in Your ways. Father, heal the broken hearted who have been wounded by untrustworthy, callous, or self-absorbed so called friends. Restore them to step out an trust again, so they may know the gift of one who is there to lift them when they fall, to stand with them so they will not be overpowered by trials, sickness, or adversity. Father, You, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the perfect threefold cord that is not broken, may we aspire to be so faithful to one another exemplifying Your nature. In Your name Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Proverbs 18:24, Ruth 1:16 and Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


No comments:

Post a Comment