Saturday, August 1, 2015

Acts 8:30

So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?" 

Heavenly Father thank you for sending Your Holy Spirit to dwell in me and to all who believe in Jesus. He is a wonderful counselor who teaches us, Imparting wisdom and understanding so we may comprehend and grow deeper in our love for You. In addition to this glorious gift of the Spirit who is more than able, I pray for the perseverance to diligently study the scriptures. May I be meticulous to present myself approved by You Lord, as a worker not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Father, just as Philip ran to aid and instruct the eunuch, I am grateful for all those over the years who have taught and instructed me on Your ways that are higher and better. Bless all those who teach Your word tirelessly and often unnoticed or unappreciated. Strengthen them daily to continue onward instructing the young in the way they should go so as not to depart from the faith. Lord make my heart willing to always ask for help from those who know You deeply and have great understanding in Your ways. I thank You Lord Jesus that Your Spirit is not given to us to study less, but to make our studying more effective. Father shut our mouths to profane and idle babbling for they will increase to more and more ungodliness. Oh, how their message will spread like cancer. Forgive me Lord and my brothers and sisters for the times we have not tamed our tongues or kept them from speaking Your words of truth. Holy Spirit continue to transform our minds to that of Christ. May we honor You with our time by reading Your Word, meditating on it day and night, sharing it with other who are lost, hurting, in dry places or are bound by strongholds. Jesus be glorified in and through us this day. May all glory and honor be Yours forever and ever. Amen.

2 Timothy 2:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment