Sunday, March 30, 2014

1 Thessalonians 4:11

...that you aspire to lead a quiet and peaceable life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.
 
Dear Heavenly Father,
I put my simple trust in You. Turn my eyes from things that are lofty and empty. May my heart not be haughty thinking I could attain things unworthy of Your blessing. May I not concern myself with great matters that are beyond my control, or things that are to profound for my limited understanding. But lovingly place them in Your gracious hands. May my soul be quieted and calmed by Your Spirit to lead a life that is absent of noise and bustle. Aspiring to live a peaceable life. Father if that entails laying down an influx of media may I have the obedience to do so. Likewise may I not be overly concerned with others affairs, just carry them in prayer for Your love to wash over them. You have remembered my affliction, and comforted my in my hours of great need. Bless You my Lord for Your tender mercies, You have taught me much. I bless You and thank You for the disease that has turn my life around for in it I have found great comfort in You. My heart thanks Jesus for You have called me out of the land of frantic pace which leave us all feeling rushed, troubled and impatient. May I not spend one more day amongst the striving, look at me, self absorbed world, but silently with sweet serenity sit in the beauty of holiness, even as my hands go about the work of the day. May the simple work of my daily rounds be an offering to You. Father I pray for my family and friends to find the much need peace and quiet. May they hear the sound of Your amazing still small voice leading them the way they should go. To just love and adore You, worrying not a moment more. May they find refreshing while bathing themselves in the beautiful surrounding You have created. May their eyes be wide open to see all the wonders that are only You. May we all come to You as little children with awe and amazement. Lord Jesus thank You for engulfing me and those who love You dearly in Your abundant of peace by the power of Your Holy Spirit. May all taste and see You are good. Your ways are truly higher and better. Bless You Father for another day to live, love and laugh. In Jesus holy name, Amen.

Psalm 131

No comments:

Post a Comment