Monday, March 24, 2014

Hebrews 10:24

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works...
     
Dear Holy Father,
You have said bless is the one who makes the Lord their trust. You do not to respect the proud. Keep my eyes from the things of the world. Call Your children nearer, keep them from all forms of idolatry. May we rejoice that we may proclaim the good news of righteousness, not only in the great assembly but to the least of these. May we not restrain our lips Lord or conceal our love for You but speak the truth of Your Holy Word. Father I pray You will continue to knit Your precious sons and daughters together as a cord of three strand is not easily broken. May Your people continue to go with the multitudes into Your house, remembering the things You have taught. May we spur each other on to do good works and love on another. Recalling the teaching of Your gracious and merciful Son Jesus Christ as He spoke about the good Samaritan who had compassion on the man laying wounded and stripped of his belongings on the side of the road. But Jesus You showed the greatest mercy for us forgiving and blessing us with eternal life. Without contemplating the cost, You just generously lavishing Your love on us poor, wounded and dying souls on the sidewalk of life. Bless You for generously pouring out oil to soothe our wounds and wine to disinfect us. Thank You Lord Jesus for carrying us to the Fathers house and paying our fee for our forever lodging. Lord Jesus may we live as You have live and love as You love, following Your command to “Go and do likewise.” Lord pour out Your Spirit to causing us to rise up and encourage one another to do great things for Your kingdom and glory. Forgive me Lord for the times I shut my heart to those in need. Have mercy on my wretched soul. May we turn from our selfish instinct not to be like a certain priest, or the Levite who saw the hurting and walk away doing nothing. Open our eyes and ears Lord to hear even the faints cries of those who are abused and neglected. Father I pray to not be a person who just studies Your word and then goes about my daily rounds unchanged. Open my heart Lord to give to those who have been trapped by circumstances beyond their control. Anoint my lips to speak truth in to those who consistently make poor choice and are baffled by the out come. Thank You Lord for those whom You have sent into my life to teach me how to make corrections and adjustments for better living. Bless them for considering, loving and doing go work for me. Bless You Jesus for You are brilliant, amazing and magnificent. In Your name I give thanks and pray, Amen.

Psalms 40:4&9, Ecclesiastes 4:12, Psalms 42:4 and Luke 10:29-37

No comments:

Post a Comment