Monday, March 31, 2014

James 1:8

...he is a double minded man, unstable in all his ways.
       
Dear Heavenly Father,
Your beautiful and perfect Son spoke these words when He went into Your temple, “It is written 'My house shall be called a house of prayer.'” They did as we are now doing, making it a 'den of thieves'. Forgive us Lord for saying we want to do what is pleasing to You, yet we turn to the business of business and/or our perpetual pursuit of pleasure, forsaking Your call to pray. Forgive us for being double minded, asking for Your blessings but going about our lives unchanged and untouched by Your great love and mercy. May all those who are spiritually blind and lame in their walk with You come and be healed. May we rejoice proclaiming “Hosanna, to the Son of the Most High God!” Jesus, may I take the rebuke You spoke to Martha, when You said “Martha, Martha, your worried and troubled about many things, but one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Lord as I sit daily with Your word I'm forever grateful for all You have lovingly taught me, more importantly it is the knowing of Your word that blesses me with the understanding of who You are. Father, it is in the knowing of Your heart that I may pray without ceasing on behalf of my loved ones. Not praying a miss, with doubt but with faith because Your word is true and You are faithful. I pray for Your people to seek Your face, be filled with Your Holy Spirit, know You deeply and ask with confidence that You will tend to their needs great and small. I thank You Lord that You have patiently waited as I have stammered in communication, unsure of what and how to ask for Your blessings in various situations. Thank You for Your long suffering while training up this child in the way I should go so I won't depart from it. May You bless all Your children with the gift of wisdom, knowledge and discernment to intercede on our knees in prayer on the behalf of our loved ones, friends, acquaintances, and strangers bringing glory and honor to You Our Lord and Savior. In the name of our Good Shepherd Jesus Christ, I give thanks with a single mind. Amen.

Matthew 21:12-16, Luke 10:38-42, James 1:6-7 and Proverb 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment