Thursday, February 4, 2016

1 Peter 1:22

Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart...

Dear Heavenly Father,
May hope and holiness be joined in harmony among Your people. I confess Father sometimes it is much easier to love You whom I've not seen then to love those who I stand face to face with. Father, I pray to love as Your beautiful Son Jesus did, but Father it is not an easy task when it comes to loving a brother who has walked out on his wife of more than 30 years, turning the tables on his young children, its not easy to love the businessman who has ran off with money hard earned and was put aside for the golden years, and its not easy when battling a chronic illness and those whom you lean on for compassion are colder than an arctic ice. But then I'm reminded of the day of Christ Crucifixion when He who is perfect love was mocked and scorned, whipped and stripped and nailed to a tree and I recall it was my sin that put Him there. So Lord may I love as You loved me with out condition, without expectation, and without judgement, just extended grace and mercy to all. Let my mind and heart be pure in the obeying of Your command to love You with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and my neighbor as myself.  Jesus thank You for paying my ransom. I will extol You, my God, O king, and I will bless your name forever and ever. May it be evident in the way I love the unlovable and forgive the unforgivable. Jesus shine through me and be glorified in my words and deeds loving others with Your kind of fervent love that came from a pure heart. In Your name I pray, amen. 

Psalm 145:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment