Tuesday, February 9, 2016

1 Peter 2:17

Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
You are Creator, Supreme, and Everlasting and the One who is to be revered and in awe of. May we give due honor to all people according to their place, station and circumstance, understanding this is Your divine will that was bestowed upon them, whether believers or unbelievers. And may we Lord love the brethren that much more and deeply knowing they are our co-laborers for Your glory. May the special affection we have for our brothers and sister in You be evident to the world around us causing a stirring and curiosity that will lead them to You our great God and King. Help us Lord as sojourners who live in a godless culture distance ourselves from fleshly lusts, earthly values and obsessions, but at the same time may our conduct be so loving and full of integrity that it can win over the hearts of unbelievers as shown by the evidence of You in our lives. May faultfinders be silenced as they observe our submission to You. May our walk of obedience bring about a transforming response in the prideful. Jesus You are my King and I bow my heart to You in humble adoration, praising and thanking You for rescuing me from eternal damnation. Thank You for writing my name in Your book, for walking and talking with me, and telling me I am Your own. In Your gracious name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment