Friday, January 5, 2024

Galatians 1:10

For do I now persuade men or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Heavenly Father Your instruction in Lamentations says, "Let us search out and examine our ways and turn back to the LORD; let us lift our hearts and hands to (You) God in heaven."  Do I still seek others approval? Am I more concerned with pleasing them or glorifying You? I'd like to believe Father that I'm solely devoted to You, but I think it would be a lie, a deception. One I have grown more and more to despise in myself. The riches of Your love far surpass any that people could give. It satisfies in ways that are not easy to verbalize. As I ponder today grace and how it in essence is something that cannot be earned, but something freely given, I am convicted. Do I extend this favor to You? Am I gracious unto You?  Or at times to I catch myself mumbling and grumbling in dissatisfaction of the ways You have allowed things to play out. What would it look like for me to live in a way that is gracious to You and moment by moment blessing Your Holy name. Honoring and showing You reverence in all I do and speak. Father I'm very sorry, I truly do want to live in a way that is pleasing and reveres You in every way. Please fill me with Your precious Holy Spirit today so I may bear the seal of a bondservant of Christ. I thank You for opportunities to serve You and all Your creation. Whether it be people, plants or pets may my stewardship over the gifts and talents You have blessed me with bring to You glory and praise. Remove from me Lord my worldly prideful concerns to be loved and admired by others, because in Your doing so it is great freedom. The liberation to walk with You the great I Am is the best thing this life on earth can be. I surrender all. Thank You Lord for loving me a poor, needy sinner and for creating me anew. Amen.

Lamentations 3:40-41



No comments:

Post a Comment