Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Mark 9:49

For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt. 

Heavenly Father I come before You in Jesus name, thanking You for showing Yourself merciful to those who are merciful, one I struggle at times to be. With the blameless person You will show Yourself blameless, and with the pure You show Yourself pure. Father sometimes my attitude is not glorifying as I am struggling through this current trial. Please Father light my lamp to enlighten the darkness. I humble myself and ask for Your grace, the pardoning of my thoughts as they wander off into bitterness. Father, I do desire in theory to give up everything but confess I have a resistance to do just that. Salt represents purification and I confess I'm not always willing to sacrifice what I love to be made pure. Salt does not destroy but preserves, so the suffering will not destroy those who believe. The cleansing fire of God that comes through suffering and hardship is something the church today shies away from speaking about but yet it is very real and necessary to be made into the image and likeness of Your beautiful Son Jesus. To be holy as You are holy.  Yet You have said there would be troubles and tribulations, but to take heart for You have overcome the world.  I pray Father to endure till the end. I ask Lord for You to comfort those who are suffering, give wisdom to those who are passing through trials, give peace to those who are in the fire. May Your church arise as the dazzling bride she was meant to be. May the world look upon us Your sons and daughters with awe and wonder of who You are.  May we have salt in ourselves and be at peace with one another. Amen.

Psalm 18:25-28, Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 14:10, 1 Peter 1:15-16, John 16:33, Matthew 24:13 and Mark 9:50

No comments:

Post a Comment