Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Mark 16:9

Now when He arose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalane, out of whom He cast seven demons. 

Therefore, I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven. Truly marvelous Lord Jesus! We like Peter may ask "How many times must we forgive Lord?" Shall it be seven times? No, You have said up to seventy times seven. As I think back over my days and my deliverance I see the miraculous outpouring of love, grace and mercy in Your pardoning of my transgressions. It had to be way more than 490 times. My sins they are many, but Your mercy is more. I rejoice like Mary; It have been touched by You Jesus the risen Lord! To bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed, to turn, turn will be our delight, till by turning, turning we come round right. So, by forgiving others we will be in the valley of love and delight. You have expanded my heart through Your forgiveness of my sins so now I too may love others much. Tis a simple gift. I love You Lord Jesus now and always. Amen.

Luke 7:47, Matthew 18:21-22, "Simple Gifts" by Joseph Brackett 1848

No comments:

Post a Comment