Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Psalm 45:1

My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Heavenly Father how I desire to be used to share the good news, proclaiming from the mountain's tops and in the valleys; great is our God and greatly to be praised. My heart does overflow with all the good and gracious things You have so lovingly done for me and mine. The depth of gratitude I feel for all the mercy You have extended even when I totally deserved consequences and punishment. How I desire for those I love to know and experience this kindness for themselves. Your throne, O God is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom and one I want to leave all else for. You have said "Forget your own people also and your father's house; So, the King will greatly desire your beauty because He is your Lord, worship Him."  The reminder whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. I desire to be worthy of You but confess it is no easy task because I love my family. How very often I have put my faith in them instead of having faith that is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Love, Your Love is patient and kind, causing me not to envy or boast, nor be proud. Your love causes me not to be self-seeking, dishonoring others or easily angered. You have kept no records of wrongs nor shall I. I desire to rejoice in truth not dwell with evil. Knowing You always protect even when it stretches my trust because I always hope as You persevere in victory. The theme on my lips is this Lord, three things remain faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is Your love Jesus and it never fails, Amen. 

Psalm 45, Matthew 10:37-39, Hebrews 11:1-6 and 1 Corinthians 13 

No comments:

Post a Comment