Wednesday, February 14, 2024

1 Peter 5:6

Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Heavenly Father You resist the proud but give grace to the humble. How I desire to be submissive and receive Your grace, but confess I often am not. Insisting on doing things the way that seem right to me, forgive me Lord. I do not want to be headstrong and resist Your leadership. You alone are wise, and You alone are good. Today start the season of Lent and as I reflect on the humility of Your Son Jesus, I'm in awe. You Jesus, Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and gave Your life a ransom for many, my family and I included. I am forever grateful but therein lies my frustration with myself as I battle my pride. Lord by Your Spirit I surrender control and wait for You. Lord, I long to draw near to You please fulfill Your promise that You will draw near to me. Cleanse me Lord for I am a sinner, purify my heart, and may I not be double minded but singly devoted to You. Today I commit all my ways to You and trust You and know You will act. You will bring forth Your righteousness as the light and Your justice as the noonday. I will be still and wait patiently for You to work all things together for my good and Your glory, In Jesus name Amen. 

Matthew 20:26-27, James 4:8-10, Psalm 37:6-7 and Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment