Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Matthew 6:1

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven."

Let not my acts of obedience that are valuable and honorable be done merely for the sake of public recognition especially when giving to the needy, praying or fasting, Father I pray. You have taught me to store up my treasures in heaven where neither pride, nor self-promotion can rob me of Your rewards.  Father, I do not desire to be an actor who wears different masks to play different roles thereby being hypocritical. Let me not do right things for the wrong reasons. Grant me wisdom and insight into my motivations to bring correction where necessary. I have a deep longing in my heart to stand approved by You Lord, my God and King who sees in secret. I have learned over the years that truly I overflow with the richest joy when You are glorified and magnified in my life. When there is less of me and more of You. I love You Lord Jesus, Amen.

Matthew 6:19-21, Psalm 69:30, Psalm 34:1 and John 30:30



No comments:

Post a Comment