Monday, October 14, 2013

1 Thessalonians 4:11

...that you will aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your hands, as we commanded you. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord I come and put my simple trust in You. I pray that my heart may not be haughty, nor my eyes lofty. May I not get caught up or concern myself with great matters, nor with things to profound for me. Your Holy Spirit has surely calmed and quieted my soul.  Father I pray to aspire to lead a peaceful, untroubled life resting in Your arms. Keep the gossipers, backbiters, whispers and busybodies from my door. By the power of Your Spirit, please run interference for us, heading off any who desire to see me or my faithful brothers and sisters fall into unpleasing transgressions. Father cleanse those in Your body that walk among us that are disorderly, not working at what is good and acceptable service to You. I shutter at Your word that places a murder, a thief, an evil doer in the same sentence as a busybody. Father may there be a revelation of Your heart that sees meddling in others business as serious an offense as murder or stealing. Forgive me Lord for when I was young I acted as a child but now that I'm older I put my childish ways away. Seeking to keep my hands busy so my work is pleasing to You. Lord may we not neglect the gifts given us by prophecy and the laying on of hands, but meditate on these things and give ourselves entirely to them. So all glory and honor will be Yours forever and ever. May Jesus reign in me now and always. Thank You Lord for hearing my prayers and the prayers of Your children. I love You Lord, Amen.

Psalm 131:1-2,  2 Thessalonians 3, 1 Peter 4:15, 1 Timothy 4:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment