Saturday, October 19, 2013

Isaiah 28:12

To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest." Yet they would not hear.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Gracious are You Lord, and righteous. Yes, Lord You are merciful. You preserve the simple. I was brought low and You saved me. O my soul has returned to Your rest for You have dealt bountifully me. For You Lord have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from falling. I love You Lord Jesus, You have heard my voice and my supplications. Thank you for inclining Your ear to me. Thank You bending from Your place of glory to meet the needs of Your people. Father, thank You for Your mercy upon those who are returning and seeking peace. May they stand in Your ways and see the old paths are good. May they walk in it and find rest for their souls. In quietness and confidence You shall be their strength. Thank You Lord that You will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers.  I pray for those who are living sumptuously every day, may You open their eyes to see their need for a Savior. It is not with generosity of money or care for the poor that will grant them a place in heaven, but repentance of the heart, and the realization of the need for Your forgiveness because of our sinful nature.  Father You have fixed a great divide between heaven and hell, that no one can pass from one to another. I pray Lord You will open their eyes, soften their hearts before it is to late, and they land in a place of torment, begging for someone to wet and cool their tongues. Lord Jesus You have said "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden light."  Thank You Jesus for the gift. In Your precious name I pray, Amen.

Psalm 116:1&2, 5-8, Isaiah 30:15, Jeremiah 6:16, Malachi 6:6, Luke 16:19-31 and Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment