Tuesday, April 16, 2024

1 Thessalonians 4:1

Finally, then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and please God...

You have instructed us Lord Jesus; they will know us as Your followers by our love for one another. So may it be we abound in this more and more. To be found blameless in holiness before You Our God and King. Some among us, appear to be pleasing to You but all the while they are seeking approval from men. May they receive correction and be fully pleasing to You, being fruitful in every good work. I aspire Lord to lead a quiet life, minding my own business, and to work with my hands. The task of walking properly is an essential part of my witness that must remain steady and constant in my life. Just as I'm dependent on my limbs to support my every step, so I am dependent on the Holy Spirit to keep me walking upright and in the right direction. May I walk worthy of the calling, remaining in Your light, that is in Your revealed will. There is still much yet to come, trials and triumphs, worries and wonders, sanctification and satisfactions and through it all may my heart be filled with gratitude. May each passing day be lived out in a way that please You Almighty God. May I be rooted and built up in You Lord, established in faith as I have been taught, and abounding with thanksgiving. May I be aware lest anyone cheat me through philosophy and empty deceit according to the traditions of men. May I not live according to the basic principles of the world but according to You, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the head of all principalities and power. All glory and honors is Yours now and forever more. Amen. 

Colossians 1:9-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:11 and Colossians 2:6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment