Saturday, April 27, 2024

Judges 16:28

Then Samson called to the LORD and said, "O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me only this once, O God, that I may be avenged on the Philistines for my two eyes."

Dearest Father, I come to You today in humility and with a seeking heart for understanding. O Lord, You know me and visit me. Your words were found, and I ate them. Your words become joy to me, they are a delight to my heart. Father, I do not desire to sit in the company of revelers, those with outbursts of anger or those who slander but more importantly I do not desire to be one of them myself but ask those things in me to be crucified. Samson asked for You to restore his strength, but his motive was vengeance. He believed with his whole heart You would help him. But was he a paragon of virtue? Father, I confess in this day of darkness and turmoil, wickedness, lawlessness and hatred it is so easy to be ensnared by anger that can far too quickly turn to rage. Protect my heart of compassion to maintain meekness. Protect my brothers and sisters in Christ who are facing horrific injustices, being pressed on all sides. Keep them hidden in the secret place and may evil pass over them as they are covered in the blood of Christ. May we remember Your promise we are Your dearly beloved, not to avenge ourselves but rather give place unto wrath for vengeance is Yours and You will repay. You are the righteous judge. Father, I pray for those who are in places of war to remain steadfast looking up for their redemption draws nigh. Keep Your children in Your perfect peace and comfort them supernaturally in this hour. Lord, we desperately need You now. Maranatha.

Jeremiah 15:15-17, Hebrews 9:11-28, Romans 12:19, Luke 21:20-28 and 1 Corinthians 16:22


No comments:

Post a Comment