Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Matthew 26:35

Peter said to Him, "Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!" And so said all the disciples.

Heavenly and Holy Father, how often we can be swayed by prides bravado. Although You have warned us there will be trials and not to underestimate the extremes test of faith we will encounter in this life, I pray we Your disciples will remain firm on the rock. And when we faulter, may we quickly turn back and be restored. I give thanks for Jesus' intercession on our behalf. May Your Spirit make us aware of the times we subtly deny You in our daily rounds. The big trials are easy to identify but the little foxes can spoil the vine. Make us aware of the clever schemes of the enemy so we may keenly escape the trap. I pray Father You would lovingly break the strongholds in our lives as we walk with You on the narrow road of sanctification. Forgive us for our pride that puffs us up and leads to a fall. May we love mercy, do justly and walk humbly with You our God.  As I ponder Peters words "Even if I have to die with You..." I wonder would I really do just that? I would like to believe I could be so brave, but reality is quite different. I'm so thankful that You who began a work in me will be faithful to see it to completion. I bow my head and bend my knee to You Lord, the King of kings and Lord of lords, the One who is faithful and true. The One the angels say "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!" Worthy are You Lord to receive glory and honor and power for You created all things and by Your will they existed and were created. Amen.

Song of Solomon 2:15, Matthew 7:14, Philippians 1:6 and Revelation 4:8, 11

No comments:

Post a Comment