Saturday, April 6, 2024

Luke 9:57

Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, "Lord, I will follow You wherever You go."

How many times Lord have I voluntarily said without reservation I will follow You. Now that it's been a while, in my walk with You, I'm even more grateful that Your love keeps no record of my wrongs. My good intentions and zeal have often fallen flat. I pray and seek You Lord about the crossroad I stand at desiring to follow You in the next leg of this journey. There are many opportunities and doors before me, and I desire to do Your will and be the most effective for the advancement of Your kingdom. Jesus, You took the lowly position of a servant and I desire the same but there are so many needs to be filled it is overwhelming. The fields are white and ready, but the laborers are few. I ask Lord for Your extra special blessings on the quiet faithful servants who have served long and hard. Thank You for mounting them up on wings of eagles to soar and not be weary in their well doing. We know that our acts of service are in worship of You and for Your glory, not because we want to earn our salvation for that You have freely given. It is from a heart of gratitude and devotion for the gift You have given that we desire to do Your will and follow You. Strengthen the weak knees and feeble hand that have plowed many a field and sowed many seeds. May we see a bountiful harvest. May many come and follow You Lord Jesus for Your glory, Amen.

1 Corinthians 13, John 4:35-38, Isaiah 40:31, Galatians 6:9, Isaiah 35:3-4, Romans 5:15-18 

No comments:

Post a Comment