Tuesday, April 2, 2024

1 Corninthians 13:3

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 

Heavenly Father, You have taught us through the love that Jesus poured out on the cross, that it is the love behind the action that gives it value. There has been no greater love than Christ Jesus laying down His life for the salvation of our souls. Father, I confess I do not love well, although I would like to. I often I fall short, forgive me. What is love? It never fails. Love suffers long and is kind, sadly I get impatient in the waiting and can act out in frustration because the change hasn't yet come. Does not envy or behave rudely. Love does not parade itself and is not puffed up. To love is not to think evil and is not provoked. To live life rejoicing in the truth, believing and bearing all things having an enduring hope. The love of Jesus never fails. Help me LORD to continue to put away childish things, maturing in thoughts, and understanding. May I pursue love with a pure heart and motive so others may see You in me. As the days grow darker and the love of many runs cold because wickedness is increasing may I stand firm till the end. Holy Spirit empower me to share the good news that Jesus is the way the truth and life. I will love You, O LORD, my strength. You are my rock, fortress and deliverer the One in whom I will trust. You are worthy to be praised. For You LORD are good and Your steadfast love endures forever, and Your faithfulness to all generations. Amen. 

1 Corinthians 13, Matthew 24:12-14, John 14:6, Psalm 18:1-3 and Psalm 100:5

2 comments: