Thursday, April 4, 2024

Proverbs 27:6

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Heavenly Father, I pray to have a teachable spirit for it is better to receive an open rebuke than to be fooled by hidden love. Help me Lord to speak truthfully to those whom I love, and You love even more. May I not conceal my love for them with empty words or cheat others with meaningless philosophies according to the traditions of men, the basic principles of the world that are not according to You. May I consider my words carefully as I heed Your instruction Jesus when You said "That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shall be condemned." When I was a child, I spoke as a child and thought as a child, but when I became an adult, I put away my childish things. Lord, I pray my words would be like apples of gold in settings of silver fitly spoken when needed. The world screams with empty, distracting and confusing words. Mostly everyone wants their opinions heard but very few truly have what You desire to be said. Lord guard my mouth and may I only speak when the Spirit leads as I do not desire to be a resounding gong or clanging cymbal and lack the love that is needed to heal, restore and encourage others. How I desire Lord to live a quiet life with You, working with my hands and minding my own business. Amen.

Colossians 2:8, Mathew 12:36-37, 1 Corinthians 13:11-12, Proverbs 25:11, 1 Corinthians 13:1 and 1 Thessalonians 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment