Thursday, November 30, 2023

Colossians 1:29

For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.

 Heavenly Father I come before You in the name of Jesus giving thanks for all people in authority. I'm approaching You with confidence, and with an attitude of gratitude. I thank You for all You have done and continue to do. By Your Holy Spirit that lives in us may we have an inner composure that is peaceable, and with a godlily reverence as we toil to finish the work set before us. Our desire like Yours is to see all come to the knowledge of the truth, for there is one God and one Mediator between You and us, the Man Christ Jesus. We were once hostile and alienated in our minds, doing evil deeds but now with much thanksgiving have been reconciled to You. Father as leaders and followers of Jesus I pray we would continue to proclaim, warning everyone, and teaching them with all wisdom so they may be presented mature in Christ. I pray for the church to be honest and transparent with the struggles of striving for the faith, so we may bear each other's burdens, strengthening them to finish the race with gusto. Let us not forget Lord the responsibilities we have for one another in Your body. When one grieves, we all grieve, when one hurts, we all hurt and so on. No one is an island unto himself. I thank You that everything in my life, all the things I face is ultimately leading me to reach the goal of maturity. I thank You Lord that You are with me, granting me wisdom and discernment. Though somethings maybe taxing all my energies even to the point of exhaustion and weariness. I am as a wrestler against a hostile foe, but I rest knowing it is for my good and Your glory. Because I have come to know it is futile to try to do Your work in my own carnal and fleshly strength. May Your power continue to work mightily in me and Your church. May we remember the only hope of glory is the Christ in us. I thank You for the empowering and the equipping of the saints to be victorious and living examples to learn from. Their emulation of crucified lives that spur us on to bring honor to You Lord. Jesus, I praise You today for You are worthy of all our devotion. Amen.

I Timothy 2:1-7 and Colossians 1:19-29

No comments:

Post a Comment