Sunday, November 19, 2023

Hebrews 11:21

By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.

Someone once told me God doesn't have favorites, but He has intimates. Heavenly Father as I ponder the passing away of various loved ones, their final days on the earth. Some so dedicated and devoted to You that their indelible mark is still with me, while other lives were like a vapor and gone. Some despise the riches of Your goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering not knowing that Your goodness leads us to repentance and the blessings of an eternity with You Almighty. Father it is true that some leave a legacy of blessings while others have treasured up for themselves wrath and the revelation of Your righteous judgement. One day You will render to each of us according to our deeds. Eternal life for those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality, but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth but obey unrighteousness receive indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish for their evil. These verses in Romans are a wakeup call to speak life to the lost, whose future is grim. You have said let the dead bury the dead, but you follow Me. This is my desire to do the best for Your glory. Jacob worshiped You till he breathed his last, so too do I desire to praise You into eternity. Father, I desire not to delay till my final hour to bless my offspring but to share Your truth, promises and love with them today. You have blessed me Lord to be a blessing to others so by Your Holy Spirit use me to accomplish Your will. I love You Lord Jesus, Amen.

Romans 2:1-16

No comments:

Post a Comment