Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Hebrews 6:7-8

For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessings from God; but if it bears thrones and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned. 

Heavenly Father I believe Your word is truth and instructs us in the way we are to go. I confess that reading the passages of scripture as written in Hebrews 6 are very difficult and cause me to tremble. As I think about my loved ones who have heard the truth and have not yet come to saving faith. They have veered off the narrow road or for the ones who have shelved their faith for later use, my heart breaks and sorrow overwhelm me at the lies they believe. Save them Father. I cannot fathom the dread of being cursed by You, being burned or why anyone would desire that when You are so merciful and gracious to send Your spotless Lamb Jesus to pay for our sins. Please Lord, lean Your ear to hear my cries to save them from eternity apart from You. I'm no great theologian, not a scholarly authority, I just know I was lost and now am found. You have poured living water on me to receive the blessing of eternal life with You. May the cultivation of prayer the going forth weeping in tear-filled petitions would one day soon reap a harvest of joy as You turn the sinning heart of my family, friends and those around me to You the great I AM. Please Lord, break their harden hearts before it's too late. Remove the thorns and briers, break up the soil and remove the hearts of stone, please bring forth the blessings of hearts of flesh. You know my deepest wants; my one true desire is for me and my house to serve You always and to be a home of prayer united in the bonds of Your love. Holy and Gracious Father pour out Your Spirit and grant that today would be the day of salvation. I pray in the name of Jesus the Messiah. Amen. 

Hebrew 6, Matthew 13:1-23, Psalm 126:5

No comments:

Post a Comment