Saturday, September 28, 2013

1 Corinthians 3:17

If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
 
Dear Heavenly Father,
You asked the question by Your Spirit living in the Apostle Paul, "Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? Yes, Lord, yes Lord, and Amen! I bless You Lord for the day of my salvation. The day my eyes were open to see the sinner in me. I bless You Lord for humbling me to repent. I once was wise in my own mind but now I know the truth. The foolishness of You, Almighty God is wiser than any man, and the weakness of You, Almighty God is stronger than any man. Your ways Lord are higher and better. May I not pollute Your temple, but be a house of prayer. Worshiping You the only wise King day and night not letting the light go dim. You Lord are my strength in weakness. I pray Lord we Your children wouldn't build our lives on rickety worldly wisdom, because You have already laid a foundation that is flawless. I have been reminded today to choose the things that will last, the precious stones of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. Bless You Lord for the grace given to us. Father guard our hearts and minds to not take in anything that would defile the temple. May no gossip, slander, or discontent come near the door of our souls. But may those things be burned up in the fire like wood, hay and straw. Lord my desire is not for thoughts of those who think they are wise and have great knowing but are actually futile. I desire to know Christ and Him crucified. May Your children be found faithful to the end. Father fill us today with Your Holy Spirit to teach and guide us throughout the day. Father cleanse our temple as we seek forgiveness for words or deeds that have sinned against You. Lord Jesus we need You. You lead we shall follow. In Your beautiful name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment