Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Psalm 23:2

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Today I lift my soul to You, my God in whom I trust. I am not ashamed of all the great and glorious things You have done for me. You have not allowed the enemy of pride, shame, fear, unbelief or anger to triumph over me. Thanks be to You O God. Father this morning I come before You believing just as You have laid me down in green pastures in my rebellious youth, You shall do the same for the teens of today. You Lord can calm the raging seas in the hurting children of this world. The ones born in to a life of neglect, abandonment, and abuse who are desperate for love. You Lord are the God who sees those who are crying in the darkness with feelings of hopelessness and despair willing to try even the hardest of drugs to ease their pain. Lord send me. Send me to lead them to the pastures that are rolling with mercy and grace. Send me Lord to point them in the direction of the One who will restore their souls. Send me Lord to sit next to them in the field of Your dreams for them. Father send me to guide them away from fast flowing streams that want to drown them. May the still waters of Your love flow freely and gently over their weary souls, soothing their aching hearts. Father these young ones today are faced with so much noise from the world send me to be the whisper in the chaos telling them they are not forgotten and that You God of the Universe cares deeply. May they see the truth among the lies that You sent Your only Son to die for them so they may have life and life more abundantly. Lord I ask forgiveness over my getting so comfortable in the beautiful green pasture, growing lazy, grazing and milling quietly through my day forgetting there is a desert, on the other side of the Mt. Forgive me Lord for not offering a cup from Your calming stream to the young people around me. Lord may I not be concerned with bringing a staff, extra sandals and tunic, not even a money belt, just fill me with Your Holy Spirit and send me. I love You Lord and my hearts desire is for others to love You too. May I not keep the children from coming to You but be the vehicle that drive them to Your door awaiting their arrival with open and loving arms. In the gracious and good name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment