Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ecclesiastes 1:2

"Vanity of vanities," says the preacher; Vanity of vanities, all is vanity."

Dear Heavenly Father, 
My heart prays as Moses' did. Lord, You have been our dwelling place. Before the mountains where brought forth, or before You ever formed the earth and the world. Even from everlasting to everlasting You are God. For a thousand years in Your sight are like yesterday when it has past. Solomon said "Vanity of vanities, it could also have been spoken "breath of vapor". Lord I pray You would teach me to number my days. That I may grain a heart of wisdom to not waste precious time on idle nonsense. Lord have compassion on me and all Your children, making us glad according to the days You have blessed us with. Father I pray You would establish the works of our hands. May the beauty of You Lord Jesus be upon us. You have shown us what is good. So may we spend our days justly, extending mercy, and walking humbly with You. Fill us today with Your Spirit to help us in our weakness. May we rest knowing You will work all things out for the good of those who love You. Lord I pray we will not spend one more moment with things or people who seek to destroy our lives. The time You have given us is far to precious, may it not be squandered, but used for Your glory. Let us guard our ways, as wickedness is all around us, remembering how frail we are. Even in our best state we are vapors in the wind. So Lord deliver us quickly from the things that rob us of valuable time. Thank You Lord for hearing my prayers, giving ear to my petitions. We are sojourners just passing through to reach our final destination, our home that will be for eternity with You. Thank You Lord God Almighty. In the beautiful name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment