Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Hebrews 5:8

 ...though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 

You Lord Jesus being found in the appearance as a man, You humbled Yourself and became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. You have the name above all names, and every knee shall bow and confess You are Christ the Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Lord, I know that with somethings I live in obedience but struggle with surrendering control of other things. I desire for this manner of living to come to an end and honor You with all of me. Jesus, You experienced all of what a person goes through on earth and understand how difficult it is to obey but You did it completely and perfectly. Please Lord be my shield and strong tower as You understand the attraction of temptation and in this life, there are many. It seems as we master one type there is another lurking around the corner or the same one keeps coming back. Help me Lord to be more than an overcomer but a co-conqueror with You. Your persistence in obedience is admirable as You lived a sinless life. I thank You for being my Shepherd and leading me to green pastures and still waters. May I learn and master the lessons that this affliction has to teach me. By Your Spirit may I watch and pray as the enemy roams around seeking whom to devour. I have asked many times for You to remove/heal this chronic illness but have come to understand Your grace is sufficient, Your power made perfect in my weakness. I need courage to continue to make necessary changes to adapt to the restrictions it has placed on my life. To live well within the boundaries and continue to flourish. Father, I ask that You bless Your children to flourish as well in whatever challenges they may be facing or enduring. May peace be upon Your church. Amen.

Philippians 2:8-11, Psalm 28:7-8, Romans 8:31-39, 1 Peter 5:8, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 and Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment