Saturday, March 16, 2024

John 13

Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from the world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end. 

Heavenly Father, help me to comprehend the great humility and servanthood of Your beloved Son Jesus. Although He was about to die and agonizing death, He continued to love and focus on His disciples, truly remarkable. His love so amazing and so divine. And He loved all the disciples even the one who betrayed Him, another who denied Him and all who deserted Him for a time. Can my little finite mind understand this completely? As I survey over my own life the times I denied and deserted You for my own selfish desires and cravings of the world and yet You have always stayed with me never leaving me nor forsaking me. Patiently You waited for my return. Thank You dear Jesus. Regrets I have many, but Your mercy is more. I am humbled and filled with gratitude! Especially thankful for the hope You have given me to believe for those who have strayed are still embraced in Your grace. Dear Jesus, pour out Your Holy Spirit on this crazy upside-down world that desperately needs saving. Wash the world clean to gleam for You, our Creator and Messiah. May all that is within me bring glory and honor as I bare witness of who You are the Great I AM. I love You Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment