Thursday, March 28, 2024

John 13:3

Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God...

Dear Heavenly Father, You have crowned Jesus with glory and honor. It's remarkable Your Son the King of kings and Lord of lord would humble Himself to wash the feet of the disciples. As You well know we are living is such a self-absorb culture where the climate is me, myself and I. A time where even a good deed is for self-recognition. Most people only giving to get something in return BUT not Jesus, freely He gave, so I desire to follow Him and freely give. Not only out of my provisions but to be loving, forgiving and kind without expectation of reciprocation. It would be a lie Father to say I live this way daily. When there are times, I mumble and grumble when my loved ones have a need, how could I even say I'm kind to a stranger. Forgive me Lord and wash me clean. I understand when Peter said "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!" I'm so grateful for Your cleansing me. I recognize that just walking the dusty road of life calls for daily confession. Father, forgive me for not girding up the loins of my mind and allow bitterness, jealousy and anger take hold. Although Your Holy Spirit restrains me from acting on these emotions, I know You know they are in the harbor of my heart. Lord, I want to be like Jesus in my heart, in my heart. Lord, I want to be like Jesus, in my heart, in my heart. And Lord I want to be more holy in my heart, in my heart. Oh, I want to be like Jesus. All glory be to Him who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, now and forever. Amen 

John 13, Hebrews 2:8, 'Lord, I want to be like Jesus by Ferdinando Ortega. 

No comments:

Post a Comment