Friday, March 1, 2024

Matthew 6:16

Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 

Dear Holy Father, grant me patience to wait for blessings that come when I fast. Laying down my pride "the see me desire" and, my "I'm so religious attituded" in leu of the quiet, humble intimacy with You. Let not my ego rise up for recognition but my soul be malleable in Your loving hands as You mold and shape me into Your desire Lord. Thank You for Your instructions not to look to people for validations or acceptance. You are the only one who can satisfy my soul, filling me with Your perfect peace. The joy of You is my strength and I long to know You more. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit to help me slow down, living with purpose and intention, not as to men but doing all things unto You Lord. May my simple sacrifice be an offering acceptable to You. All glory and honor are Yours forever and ever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment