Friday, March 29, 2024

John 18:40

Then they all cried again, saying, "Not this Man, but Barabbas!" Now Barabbas was a robber.

Heavenly and Holy Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers who glorified Your Servant Son Jesus. He was delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. They denied You the Holy One and the Just and asked for a murder to be granted and then killed You Jesus the Prince of life whom God raised from the dead. Oh, what that day must have been like. Father, I ponder and pridefully think I would never have shouted crucify Him, crucify Him but when I was married to my sin and delighting in my ways, with a mind seared and bent on worldly idols I most likely would have. I have a disdain when I look back at who I was and am filled with overwhelming gratitude for Your loving sacrifice that has transformed me and given me life. Father as I meditate on the cross, I ask for a deeper understanding of the amazing love Jesus had for me and mine. I ask for You would open the minds and hearts of my lost loved ones and draw them to Your pierced side where blood and water gushed out in cleansing streams and the breath of life. Lord thank You for laying down Your life so in You I may live and move and have my being. May all glory and honor be given You Jesus now and forever more, Amen. 

Acts 3:14. John 18-19 and Acts 17:28

No comments:

Post a Comment