Friday, August 23, 2013

Mark 1:8

"I indeed baptize you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Dear Holy Father,
I love Your word Lord. I bless You for the voice that spoke to me in the darkness long ago. The person who cried out into my wilderness telling me to prepare a way in my heart to be transformed. Calling out for confession on my sins, changing the course of my life for ever. I bless You Lord for sending those who forgo worldly goods being satisfied with the simplicity of life for a greater treasure, ones that have been stored up in heaven. Lord, I desire that same uncomplicated lifestyle. I confess my preference has been cashmere over camel hair and tea instead of locusts with honey. My heart longs to share the good news of Your beautiful Son who has baptized me with the Holy Spirit. Father, this is no subtle event in my life. I bless Jesus for softened my heart to let go of all the things that where defining my days, things that became old, tired and worn because of my endless efforts for the so called good life. Your blessing of someone far more greater and wonderful, the beloved Counselor, Your Holy Spirit living in me, leading and guiding me in all ways. Father I pray for all those who are hanging onto their ways of doing things that leave them weary, worried and weight down, may the winds of change blow through their lives. I pray the soft gentle breeze of the Holy Spirit blows through their desert kissing their dry and parched souls bringing renewal from deep within. May change in the direction and course of their lives come by heart felt confessions that rise to their chapped, cracked lips to be met by You the Living Water that will quench their thirst. Lead them Lord Jesus to the Oasis. The Land flowing with milk and honey, into a life that is sweeter and blessed. Thank You Lord for the gift and the honoring of Your promises. I love You Lord Jesus. In Your mighty name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment