Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mark 4:19

...and the cares of the world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. Lord Jesus all things where made through You. In You Lord Jesus is life. Things that are impossible for me are possible with You. Lord I pray for the wisdom to watch over my heart so it will not be weighed down with the cares of this life and all it's enticements. I pray for my friends and family to be counted worthy to escape all the earthly pleasures that vie for their attention, distracting them from You the giver of all good things. Lord Jesus You are the wholesome Word, let not the corruption of the truth pollute our minds. I pray for the strength for myself as well as my loves ones to withdraw ourselves from envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions and useless wranglings, but may we be filled with godly contentment which is great gain. Lord You have said "To the pure all things are pure."  I pray we will not profess to know You, yet live lives that deny You. Let me be reminded to obey, be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, and showing humility to all men. Remembering I was once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating others. Oh but the glorious day when the kindness and love of God my Savior appeared not by works of righteousness which I have done but according to Your mercy. You saved me by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. May I be reminded You've poured out love abundantly on me. I've been justified by Your grace to become heir according to the hope of eternal life. May the Word in me be fruitful for Your glory. In Your name Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment