Saturday, August 31, 2013

James 5:2

Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten.

Yikes! Oh Lord, I read these words and wonder about the things that fill my home. I wonder about the ways of the world with all its adornments. I wonder about the merchandise I've purchased being made by employers who treat their employees unjustly? In the ancient world food, costly garments,   precious metals and jewels where outward signs of wealth. Lord nothing has changed, this is still true today. Forgive me Lord for not always having chaste conduct that is accompanied by reverence for You. Father, I confess that often I have been concerned by my outward appearance, the styling of my hair, the wearing of finely made apparel and jewelry that does not illuminate the hidden person of the heart. Let my beauty be that of a gentle quiet spirit and may my home reflect holiness by the people who dwell in it. May the world see Your children robed in righteousness and not in moth-eaten garments that have be devoured by ungodliness. Lord Jesus You are the riches I desire. And how much better to get wisdom than gold! Lord You have instructed it is better to be a poor man that walks in integrity than a rich man with twisted ways. Father I pray for business people who don't walk in honesty and morality, exchanging the well being of their workers for their own personal good. Open there eyes to see only that which is done for You will remain. Change the harden heart of the employers who lacks compassion for their employees who are facing various trails, such as; sick children, ailing elderly parents, pregnancies that are compromised and spouses that are battling illness to survive another day. Lord soften the hearts of those who are so fixed on the bottom line and will take advantage of people caught in the trap of poverty, hiding under the gist of doing good. Teach us Lord to number our days, making the most of ever opportunity to be a blessings to You. Establish the work of our hands. Jesus break our hearts for what breaks Yours. May all we do and say bring glory, and honor to You. In Your precious name of my Lord and Savior, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment